Gift Guide for your Spouse
Need help finding that perfect gift for your spouse?
Sometimes it is difficult to pick something out for your significant other. You know the basic needs they have and strive to maintain those all year long, so when the holidays come you want to get them something unique and thoughtful.
If you are like me in the past you end up asking their friends, your kids, or even googling a solution. Here are some options you may not have thought of:
Free to Low Cost Ideas
1. Get them an experience gift – Create a “coupon” type packet that will entitle them to a night off of the daily chores like dishes, an evening out with friends, or a date night with yourself. This is something easy to make and you could do it without spending anything. Here is an example of what it might look like:
2. Write them a book – I am not talking about a full out 200+ page book, but maybe something like your goals for the next 12 months. Write a book about what that might look like if you work together to hit the family goals. Be as detailed as possible. This is another gift that will have that personal touch and be even more meaningful. Best of all it won’t cost anything.
Other creative ideas
1. Start a hobby together – Join a league together like bowling, darts, pool, etc. This doubles as a committed date night type situation. The holiday gift under the tree might be a set of darts, a bowling ball, etc.
2. Plan a weekend trip somewhere – Drive just far enough to find some fun for the weekend. It doesn’t need to be a $2,000+ vacation to be special. I bet you’ll be surprised at how much there is to do within a couple hours from home.
Still need help finding something creative?
1. Use Groupon to search for something unique. Many times they have experiences on their site like the gun range, zip lines, massage (our personal favorite), restaurants, driving experiences, and others you’ve never even heard of. **** TIP **** If you do use Groupon, make sure you login through Ebates to get cash back up to 6% a lot of times. If you do not have a Groupon account you can get one here, and if you do not have Ebates account you can sign up right below.
2. Look for something on Amazon. Instead of spending time wandering the aisles of you local Walmart fighting traffic and holiday crowds, browse Amazon’s departments. Maybe they left something on the wish list in the Amazon Cart. ****TIP**** If you use Amazon, make sure you are an AMAZON PRIME member. This gives you FREE Shipping on most products, Amazon Prime Video service, and access to many books. If you do not already have Amazon Prime, Try Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial.
If you are still stumped here is a list of things that might be helpful ideas. Some of these options have several to choose from, I am going to link the ones we use/have or an entry level. There are affiliate links that may give us a kick back if you order. But we are recommending them as products we are familiar with.
Go Pro Session 5 is economical but several to choose from
Tools – Laser Tape Measure because of many uses
Beer making Kit
Firestick to watch the Amazon Prime shows on the tv
Smart Watch – Samsung Gear s3
Jewelry – Earrings – These you will have to use your judgement on exact ones. These are Kate Spade.
Wine – It’s difficult for me to know which wine, but you know!
Digital Camera (we use Canon and have had great success with them here is an entry level one)
Instant pot – This is our most used Kitchen Product
Yoga Pants (for comfort)
Funny tshirt (again for comfort)
An ipad – Great for so many uses, we love ours.
Well we really hope this solved your challenge of shopping for your spouse, or at least popped ideas into your mind. Also, rest assured that gifts often times do not need to be super stressful. As long as you show your significant other you put thought into it and show them you care about them it should be a success!
Have a very blessed day!